Southern Pecan Pie
- 10-inch cast-iron skillet
- 1/2 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Fit pie crust into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; sprinkle piecrust with powdered sugar.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until foamy; whisk in brown sugar and next 7 ingredients. Pour mixture into pie crust, and top with pecan halves.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 300°, and bake 30 more minutes. Turn oven off, and let pie stand in oven, with door closed, until oven cools down.
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
Total: 1 Hours, 10 Minutes