Cherries are believed to enhance fertility and increase sexual energy and are known to be used in love spells. Cherry juice, in particular, is believed to have aphrodisiac properties that increase passion during sex.
In Japan, the cherry blossoms are used to make an infusion which is given as a drink to the couple during the wedding ceremony to bring luck and fertility in the future.
To honor National Cherry Cobbler Day, we decided to share this recipe to which we have added a few simple spell components to help increase the efficacy of the amorous power of the cherry.
Don’t have time to cook today? Save the recipe for when you and your partner will be dining in and experience a night of pleasure for you and your lover complete with a delicious, fruity dessert lovingly hand-prepared by you!
Black Cherry Passion Cobbler (and Spell)
Prep time: 20 mins (not including time to pit cherries)
Cook time: 50-60 mins (25-30 for filling, 25-30 for topping)
3 cups black cherries, pitted and halved (Try to save as much of this passionately powerful juice as you can during pitting, store it in a container for later.)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/4-1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup flour
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/3 cup buttermilk
sugar, for sprinkling top
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cherries, flour and sugar; toss to coat evenly. As you stir in a deosil (clockwise) direction, concentrate and focus your thoughts on your lover. Do this for 1 minute.
3. Place in 8” square pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly.
4. Meanwhile, sift flour into bowl; add baking powder, soda, and salt; and cut in chilled butter with pastry blender or 2 knives. When pea-sized texture, add buttermilk -all at once- stir just to blend.
5. DO NOT OVERMIX; dough will be tough.
6. When cherries are finished baking, remove from oven, drop dough by large spoonfuls over cherries. Make sure to use the dough drops to make both you and your lover’s initials. They don’t have to be large or obvious, just noticeable to you.
7. Sprinkle dough lightly with granulated sugar.
8. Return to oven for 25-30 minutes or until topping is done and golden brown.
9. Just prior to serving, get the container of cherry juice you saved during pitting. As you pour or spoon the juice over both your and your lover’s portions, say this chant, mentally or aloud;
With this juice, desire and passion lives and grows.
Serve hot or cool with whipped cream.